Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Product Review: Origins Checks and Balances



Product: Origins Checks and Balances
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Overall: 3.5 out of 5
Price: $17.50
Would you buy this again? No

PROS: Cleanses well. You can definitely tell that it's not a weak or mild cleanser. It gets all the dirt off of your face.

CONS: It dried my face out with continuous use. It was fine the first few times I used it (it didn't leave my face feeling dry or tight and I thought that I had finally found my HG cleanser), but it did after a while... Also, I noticed that since it's a pretty thick face wash, it was a little hard to get it off of my face. I usually had to double check to see if I washed everything off since it would stick a lot mainly around my nose and eyebrows.

It is best for combination skin so if you have dry skin like I do, it may not be the best cleanser for you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl! i don't have a mac or nordstrom near me. sucks balls. my city sucks! we have nothing here! i always have to order mac makeup online =( i called mac pro and they said they really don't take back the pots w/o the metal pans, which sounded stupid to me, cause some places DO take them back. i mean, what do those places do w/the pots, anyway? i'm sure they send them back to mac, right? so in other words mac is pretty much saying, "oh, we only want the pots WITH the pans. if not, we don't take them back." so i guess they'd rather spend money on making NEW pots instead of just replacing the metal pans in them?! lol. i swear i'm just gonna buy the metal pan and pop it back in the pot. the closest mac to me is about 2 hours away but it's not a mac store. it's inside a department store, i believe. then i have a mac store about 3 hours away! that's why i'm always stuck buying online, cause i don't have a store that i can just run to.

HEART KRiSTEL said...

HELLO MY DEAR, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GO GET URSELF THE ORANGE & THE LIME GREEN, THEY'RE SUCH NICE COLORS. I'VE BEEN ALSO TRYING TO GET A RED ONE, BUT I HAVEN'T COME ACROSS RED EYESHADOWS YET LOL! ANY IDEA?

Amina said...

thank you for the review :)
I've been meaning to try Origins products..i guess i'll stay away from this one..

jing said...

Thanks for the review! I've been curious about origins. It's one line I've been wanting to check out but never did. I've got my skincare stuff covered, so I never had the need to check it out. For sure I'll just get tempted. You might want to try DHC Washing powder. It's soapless and gentle.

christy kimchee. said...

Nice review. Hmm .. was it still dry after you pust some moisturizer? I always have to go light on the moisturizer after cleansing because then my face would be all oily again lol. T___T So I'd rather have dry skin hehe.

Grayburn said...

This one doesn't sound so good :( Cleansers really are so tricky; most are over-drying and others don't cleanse well.

thanx for the great info,
Grayburn

Ahleessa said...

You're like me, dry skin, and having a problem finding a cleanser. When you find a good one and vice-versa, we should tell each other. :)

Yellow Fever said...

thanks for the review-i'm in need of a new face wash since irish spring is seriously screwing with my face