Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jane



Why doesn't any Rite Aid sell L'oreal HIP Paints?? They seem to sell the whole line except the paints! Not that it matters anymore anyway since I think the BOGO sale is off. Anywho, I wandered into a Rite-Aid in search of paints (with no luck) and some Jane bronzers and blushes caught my eye. I got a blush in "Roses" and a bronzer in "Tahiti". I'm totally in love with these and they only cost $5.99 each. I think I'm just hypnotized by the mosaic pattern haha. I remember using Jane cosmetics from my childhood days!! My grandpa used to buy me their eyezings and lipsticks... Haha. The other side includes a mirror and a brush and the brush is whack! I ended up throwing both brushes away since they were super scratchy.



When I was first swatching the pink, it looked a little more peachy on my finger, but once I transfered the color onto my hand, it came out to be more of a light shimmery pink. I think it'd show up the best on lighter skin tones. On me, (I'm an NC30), it gives a nice healthy glow with just a touch of shimmering baby pink. The bronzer, in my opinion, would also look best on lighter skin tones. This one is super shimmery so if you don't like shimmer, then you might not like this. It gives a nice tan look like you've been in the sun for a few days and the shimmer makes your face glow.

8 comments:

Erica said...

I think I may have seen these before, but I didn't buy it. lol They kinda remind me of the NYX mosaic blushes.

Ahleessa said...

I'm also NC30, and you don't look it. I would have thought you were darker. Same question again with the blush, how long does it last on your cheeks?... hehe~

Katrina said...

I have Tahiti :) Have you tried any of the regular blushes? They are so nice.

Amina said...

I've never tried Jane cosmetics. The blushes are pretty..
I'll check them out :)
thank you for the swatches

Yellow Fever said...

I love the name "tahiti". That's where I want to go for my dream vacation. I think I might start collecting makeup with the name "Tahiti" in the title!

AskMeWhats said...

i love both the tahiti and rose!! I love blushes now! i moved on, i was dead crazy on Eyeshadows..and now..i shifted to eyeliners and blushes..and it's the right timing as everyone's been blogging about blushes nowadays! :) talk about *signs*

Anonymous said...

I used to LOVE Jane cosmetics. :)

- J @ Hollow-Star.net

Unknown said...

Ahhh, you and your blushes!! Don't you know I'm a blush addict?!?! I'm lemming the ELF ones and now some Jane ones -_-;;;