Saturday, June 21, 2008

Product Review: Bare Escentuals Blending Brush


Product: Bare Escentuals Blending Brush for eyes
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Overall: 1 out of 5
Price: $18
Would you buy this again? No

PROS:
The brush does not shed at all. I've had this for a good 3-4 years now and the silver lettering is still intact. It's been jumbled around with the rest of my makeup, but the lettering still holds up.

CONS:
This DOESN'T work! First of all, the brush size is way too big for eyes. It looks like it'd be more appropriate as a face brush. It also doesn't BLEND like it's supposed to. One swipe over the eyelid and it ERASES the eye shadows that are on there. It literally swipes all the color off as if I never even applied eye shadow in the first place! If you're looking for a good blending brush, check out MAC's 217 or 224 brush.

7 comments:

Ahleessa said...

I'm so glad you posted. I was worried about you and how you're doing.

Tell me when you get the lipstick from MAC. I have a feeling the lipstick would look pretty on you! :)

Going back to the post, I don't like Bare Escentual. :X I think they're overrated. :X

Anonymous said...

oh wow that is a BIG brush. when i saw it, i thought it was a concealer brush! i'm glad you liked the wipes. i love them. some ppl don't like them. i don't know why! i think they're awesome! can i file a report if that person isn't threatening me?

Erica said...

i hate it when blending brushes erases instead of blending! i have that problem with my coastal scents pink blending brush.. and its like HUGE too! and i remember bare escentuals recommending that brush lol i was asking to see some of their blending brushes, and they showed me that, but i didn't buy it cuz it was just... too huge! lol and i'm glad i didnt, especially after reading your review lol

COCOVJAYJAY said...

Ahhh crappy stuff is CRAP. I feel you girl...I feel you!

Erica said...

yeah, i think it does too! lol but at times, it looks blackish blue too =]

AskMeWhats said...

hey girl! You're right, I don't like BE brushes as well! they are sooo soft at the start, I'm using the FLAWLESS brush and now..it's so hard on me!!! Note: I wash it with baby shampoo plus conditioner! it hurts my face whenI use it!! ugh!!!

Kim said...

Wow that BE brush looks way too big to be for eye shadows! Sure glad you said something, I been thinking about getting one but never mind now.