Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lippies & Promotion

Whoo! I got promoted at work today!!! Finally all of my hard work has paid off! And I get to start doing my next research project this summer! I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but my boss has already hinted at what he wants me to do. Anyhow, I'm super excited! We've also just hired a bunch of new interns so I can't wait to get to know them! There's one guy who looks JUST like Clark Kent (you know, Superman!) from Smallville. Anyway, come check out where I work! It's an awesome state of the art green facility and we're going to have an accesible living green roof! We've been remodeling for the past four years and it's finally going to open on September 27th! Click HERE. We're an aquarium, planetarium, and a natural history museum and a research institute.

Anywho, here are some MAC lippies that I wanted to share. Snob is definitely a very cool toned pink and I can't quite pull it off alone. It's super super bright and I usually have to put some gloss over it. It also goes on very matte even though it's a satin... It's not very smooth and creamy, so... don't put this over dry lips lol.

Enjoy! And don't mind my dry lips in the swatches!













Alright, time for dinner. The boyfriend feeds me so well! He can actually cook better than I can... LOL, embarassing!

9 comments:

Lani said...

LOL! my bf cooks better than me too. and yes it is kind of embarassing lol. damn i shoulda got me port red. i knew it. pretty lippies!

Ahleessa said...

Sweetie and Ramblin' Rose looks hot on you! :)

Amina said...

YAY! Congratulations!
Thank you for the swatches :)

Mai Nguyen said...

CONGRATS on the new job hun! Great swatches =) I really like "Sweetie" and "Pink Plaid"

I have one little request. Can you make your pictures either bigger or clickable? Like expandable clickable, if that makes any sense, lol.

Lily said...

Mai: Sure, no problem! I had a few that were like that, but I didn't know if anyone really clicked on them lol so I stopped doing that... But I can def. make them clickable again!

Mai Nguyen said...

thanks hun! yes, i always click on them =) i love the full detail!!

Erica said...

congrats on your job promo! =] i think I've been to that museum before it closed down... i remember there were like dinosaurs and marine animals and stuff lol

oo, i like your lippie in sweetie. it looks like really pretty on you =]

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the raise! It's nice to have more money to spend, LOL.

The other Joppa samples were a tad bit too light, not really a noticeable difference, but to me it was! haha, well the Medium Light #3 had more pink undertones, and I am more yellow based, so that didn't work out too well. But I do like Medium #3.

I want to try the other ones first before I make my review and commit to one!

Katrina said...

Congrats on the promotion!